Contact Us

Amarillo’s Rick Husband Airport To Get New Escalators

London 2012 - London TransportThe escalators at Rick Husband International Airport are not the facility’s finest feature.

With the recent facelift to the airport the 20+ year old escalators have stood out as another area in need of improvement.  The FAA has decided to help the airport out with the moving stairwells.

The FAA has awarded the airport 90% of the funds required to replace the escalators.  There are four and they will be replaced one by one.  The other 10% will come from the airport’s general fund.

It will take 4-6 weeks to submit the paperwork, six months for the equipment and parts to arrive and each unit will take about 30 days each to install.

For more information see this source article.


More From Voice Of Amarillo

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://voiceofamarillo.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on News Talk 940 AM quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on News Talk 940 AM quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!