Want To Be An Astronaut? NASA Now Taking Applications
Even though NASA has no way to get astronauts to space other than to hitch a ride on a Russian Soyuz, NASA is hiring.
The astronaut corps has been shrinking as of late. Former astronauts looking at wider, more profitable spaces has left the ranks thin.
With a space station to upkeep and the new Orion spacecraft to test in the coming years NASA is attempting to refill the ranks of America’s space faring explorers.
NASA has invited anyone to submit resumes and apply online.
Somewhere Don Knotts is cringing at missing his chance.
If you’d like to apply you must meet the following:
1. A bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, physical science or biological science.
2. Three years professional experience or 1,000 hours of in-command flight time as a jet pilot. Master and doctoral degrees help trim of some of the professional requirement.
3. 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
4. Blood pressure under 140/90.
5. 62 to 75 inches tall.
6. Ability to travel frequently. (duh)
Do you meet the requirements?