Fun Facts About the Children’s Miracle Network
The Children's Miracle Network Radiothon is coming up on Thursday and Friday. Here's some fun facts about the Children's Miracle Network.
- Children's Miracle Network was co-founded by John Schneider (Yes Bo Duke) and Marie Osmond in 1983.
- No child is ever turned away from a CMN hospital because they cannot pay
- Our local CMN has helped over 8,000 children since its inception in Amarillo
- Well over ninety families were helped with financial assistance totaling just over $200,000 for medically necessary travel expenses for their child in 2014.
- $100,000 was used to fund the Child Life Programs at BSA and Northwest Texas Hospital in 2014. This money was used to purchase gaming systems, games, DVD’s, stuffed animals, toys and Medical Scrapbooks to help children deal with their hospital stay.
- In 2014, Close to $300,000 was used to assist seventy families through family grants to cover the costs of outstanding medical bills, home medical needs, therapy services, prescription refills and doctor visit co-pays for sick children.
- In 2014, $150,000 was given to non-profit and rural medical institutions to help with equipment needs
Best fun fact of all:
All money raised in the Texas Panhandle for the Children's Miracle Network stays in the Texas Panhandle to help our local kids. The money stays here and doesn't leave to go to a corporate office. If you donate, then know that your donation will help a child right here.
So join us this Thursday and Friday for the Children's Miracle Network Radiothon. Become a miracle maker this week!