Expect More Traffic Delays on Tuesday – Lane Closures Week of January 16th
As you know Amarillo has a lot of construction going on right now, from Loop 335 to the interchange. This construction causes delays and can mess up your commute. Here are the areas this week you want to avoid. You might want to find alternate routes for your daily commute.
- Left lane of westbound Interstate 40 will be closed from FM 1912 to Spur 228 for crack sealing
- Left lane of northbound Interstate 27 will be closed near the 26th Avenue intersection for landscaping
- Tuesday, Jan. 17, motorists should expect various lane closures and detours at the following locations to allow for full-depth concrete repairs:
Eastbound Interstate 40 frontage road and Whitaker Road
Eastbound Interstate 40 frontage road and Lakeside Drive
Northbound Loop 335 and I-40
- Inside lane of Interstate 27 south will be closed from Bell Street to Hollywood Road for crack sealing.
- Inside lane of Interstate 40 west will be closed from the Carson County line to Spur 228 for crack sealing.
- Expect various lane closures on I-27 around the 26th Street interchange for landscaping.
- Inside lane of the I-27 southbound frontage road from Interstate 40 eastbound will be closed at the interchange.
- Both the eastbound and westbound inside lanes of I-40 at Loop 335 (Soncy) are closed. Only one lane is open on the eastbound and westbound frontage roads between Loop 335 and Helium Road, alternating in a left then right fashion.
- Eastbound and westbound inside lanes of I-40 will be closed from I-27 to Grand Street.
- Outside lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed in the area of Osage Street.
Please remember to slow down in work zones.