Amarillo Man Burned In Fire Started By Propane Burner
An Amarillo man was burned over the weekend after the propane tank he was cooking on sparked and ignited a fire in the alley.
The Amarillo Fire Department responded to the call at around 6:24pm Sunday night. They were called to an outdoor fire in the alley of the residence at 1023 Southwest 5th. When crews arrived the found a large fire in the alley that was close to a structure. They were able to quickly control and extinguish the blaze.
The burn victim was taken to Northwest Texas Hospital. The fire department has ruled the fire an accident.