Amarillo House Fire Injures Painter
Saturday night the home at 7505 Continental Parkway was the scene of a fire.
The Amarillo Fire Department was called around noon on Sunday to respond to the fire. The fire originated in the master bedroom closet. Painters were applying primer to the cabinets and trim work in the closet when the fire spontaneously erupted.
There was no ventilation in the closet and it is believed flammable fumes built up in the closet until they were ignited by an undetermined source.
A painter working on the house suffered second degree burns and was transported to North West Texas Hospital. Officials say damage to the house is estimated at $5,000.