Amarillo House Fire Displaces Family
Monday morning around 8am Amarillo firefighters responded to a report of a residence on fire in the 3400 block of South Hill.
When fire crews arrived they observed heavy smoke coming from the home and quickly determined the fire was located in the kitchen and garage area. The fire was extinguished within 20 minutes of fire crews arrival.
Three people were in the residence when the fire started. All were able to get out although one is being treated at a local hospital for smoke inhalation.
The damage to the home is estimated around $40,000. The fire is believed to have started around a clothes dryer.