Lane Closures Could Wreak Havoc on Your Commute if You Travel Between Western and Bell on I-40
It doesn't matter where you live or where you travel, you will at some point deal with road construction. Here' s the areas this week that you will want to avoid during your commutes.
- Lane closures on east- and westbound I-40, from Pullman Road to Eastern Street for road surface repairs and patching.
- Lane closures on I-40, in both directions, from Western Street to Bell Street for road surface repairs and patching.
- I-27 and I-40 interchange, I-27 southbound traffic is reduced to one lane past 26th Avenue overpass.
- I-40 and Loop 335 (Soncy Road), expect intermittent closure of east turnaround for retaining wall construction. I-40 main lanes are reduced to one lane in each direction. I-40 frontage roads are reduced to one lane in each direction between Soncy Road and Helium Road Expect evening and night-time traffic changes on Loop 335 for the next two weeks.
- Loop 335, between I-27 and Washington, traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction, 4-way stop at Georgia Street and temporary signals in place at Western Street. Expect lane diversions and traffic delays.
- US 60 (Pierce Street), between 4th Street and 9th Street in downtown Amarillo, left lane is closed for hotel, business and parking garage construction.
- US 60 (Buchanan Street), between 9th Street and 4th Street in downtown Amarillo, left lane is closed for hotel, business and parking garage construction.
- I-40 westbound frontage road, right lane is closed east of Coulter Street for renovation of Amarillo ISD building.
The Texas Department of Transportation reminds you to slow down in work zones.
For more information on lane closures visit: www.txdot.gov