Center City’s High Noon on the Square Celebrates 21 Years and Kicks Off on June 3rd
You know Summer is officially in motion when High Noon on the Square takes over the Potter Country Courthouse on Wednesdays. Center City is celebrating 21 years of High Noon on the Square this year and all the fun kicks off again on June 3rd.
So what is High Noon on the Square, every Wednesday in June and July, Center City has live entertainment that performs on the courthouse grounds. They also serve up lunch and invite everyone in Amarillo to come on out and enjoy live entertainment and food.
The cost of the meal is $7 and it is catered by some of Amarillo's best restaurants and businesses.
Here's what's coming up this year at High Noon on the Square.
- Wednesday, June 3 – Music from Andy Chase and the “Dust Bowl Daredevils. “ Hamburgers by the Big Texan Steak Ranch., sponsored by Xcel Energy.
Wednesday, June 10 – Entertainment by the performers of “Texas.” Barbecue from Desperados. Sponsored by the Convention and Visitor Council to celebrate the 50th anniversary of “Texas.”
- Wednesday, June 17 – Music by Pat Swindell and “Pizzazz. “ Chicken fried steak sandwiches by Youngblood’s Café, sponsored by Brown & Fortunato Law Firm.
- Wednesday, June 24 - Music by Amarillo Symphony. Gourmet sandwiches and wraps from Pan-Handler’s, sponsored by Sprouse Shrader Smith Law Firm, celebrating its 25th anniversary.
- Wednesday, July 1 – Music by Amarillo Opera and selections from the Summer Youth Musical, “Mary Poppins.” Box lunches from Schlotzsky’s, sponsored by the Mays Foundation.
- Wednesday, July 8 -- Music by Mike Fuller. Chick-Fil-A box lunch sponsored by Upshaw Insurance.
- Wednesday, July 15 –Music by “Strangetowne.” Sausage wraps and chili from the American Quarter Horse Association Cooking Team to celebrate the 75th anniversary of AQHA.
- Wednesday, July 22 – Entertainment by the Lone Star Ballet. Hamburgers by Steak Express, sponsored Golden Spread Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Wednesday, July 29 –Music by “Insufficient Funds.” Fajitas from Joe Taco. Sponsored by the Underwood Law Firm.
Plus, Center City is doing something new this year, you can purchase a punch card for your meals for all High Noon on the Square events. Punch cards are $60 a piece and can be purchased at the Center City offices located at 1000 S. Polk St.