As We Start July Construction Continues in Amarillo
Construction continues as we enter the first week of July.
- Bell Street at Interstate 40, there will be periodic closures of the right turn lanes and turn-arounds at the bridges. This will facilitate placement of temporary traffic signals and lights in the medians and corners of the intersection.
- Various lanes will be closed on the frontage roads in both directions along I-40 from Adkisson Road to Arnot Road for seal coat operations.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
- Westbound traffic is shifted to the south to one lane over the Soncy bridge.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- I-40E, the on-ramp to Crockett Street is closed.
- I-40W entrance ramp between Ross and Arthur streets is closed.
- I-40W entrance ramp between Nelson and Ross streets is closed.
- I-40E exit ramp between Osage and Nelson streets is closed.
- Frontage road at Osage Street and I-40E is closed.
- Right lanes of I-40W and I-40E are closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- Left lane of the I-40W frontage road is closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Left lane of the I-40E frontage road is closed from Arthur Street to Quarter Horse Drive.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound is closed.
- Left lane of the I-27S frontage road and the right lane of I-27S at the interchange are closed.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound LP 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and LP 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and LP 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive is permanently closed.
- Circle Drive is closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.