Area Road Work Week Of May 9th
If you plan on going to the store, to work, or anywhere else, you'll want to be aware of this week's road work.
We've officially hit Spring and that means it's time to fill the potholes, resurface the roads, and finish roadway reconfigurations.
- On I-40, expect lane closures at various locations in both directions from Pullman to Grand Street for patching.
- On the I-27 frontage roads, expect lane closures in both directions from Sundown to Rockwell for fog-sealing.
- On Tuesday, May 10, expect lane closures on eastbound I-40 between Whitaker and Eastern Streets while workers change out the Dynamic Message Sign (DMS)
- On Thursday, May 12, the ramp from northbound I-27 to eastbound I-40 will be closed for the day for patching and guardrail repair.
- Beginning Thursday, May 12, expect various lane closures on the Interchange and on I-27 near the Interchange for pavement marking. This work will last approximately one week.
- The exit ramp from southbound I-27 to 26th Street remains closed for several weeks as part of the new direct-connect construction project. Motorists will need to use the 34th Street exit ramp.
- On Western Street at Loop 335 (Hollywood), the roadway remains closed on the south side of the intersection as part of the freeway reconstruction project. Traffic from Loop 335 wishing to go south on Western Street will need to use Bell Street south to Sundown Lane. Traffic on Western Street heading north toward Loop 335 will still be able to access all points south of the closure.