Amarillo Lane Closures – Week of September 21st
The year keeps flying by and we are just about in October. The fair is going on and fall is just around the corner. However, no matter what the season, we still have to deal with construction and we just want to let you know what is going on with the road construction this week. Here are some more of the lane closures in the area you will want to avoid on your morning commute.
- I-27 frontage roads, expect continued lane closures in both directions at various locations from Loop 335 (Hollywood) to Rockwell for a seal-coat operation. Some of these lane closures may remain in place overnight.
- I-27, expect lane closures in both directions in the left and center lanes at the Washington Street on and off ramps for sign installation work. Southbound I-27 will be closed at Washington Street (weather permitting) for the actual sign installation. Motorists wishing to travel southbound on IH-27 near Washington Street will need to find another route.
- Eastbound I-40 off ramp to Coulter Street will be closed for the next two months for a ramp-reversal project. Motorists wishing to exit eastbound IH-40 to Coulter Street will need to take the Loop 335 (Soncy) exit and continue on the eastbound frontage road to Coulter.
- Motorists on the eastbound IH-40 frontage road will still be able to access eastbound I-40 between Loop 335 (Soncy) and Coulter Street.
- Spur 591, expect lane closures in the westbound lane for milling and paving. Expect flaggers.
- NW Loop 335, expect lane closures in the eastbound lane between Coulter and Hester for milling and paving. Expect flaggers.
- On Business I-40 (Amarillo Boulevard), expect lane closures from Fannin Street to Polk Street for an ADA ramp project.
- I40 at Loop 335 (Lakeside), the eastbound and westbound exit ramps from IH-40 to Loop 335 will be closed during the daytime hours for an intersection-improvement project. Alternate exits will be posted.
The Texas Department of Transportation reminds you to slow down in work zones.
So as you head off to work tomorrow morning, make sure you avoid these areas so that you aren't late to work or getting your kids to school.
For more information on lane closures visit: www.txdot.gov