Amarillo Lane Closures Week of October 5th
We are officially into Fall and we are starting to see cooler temperatures however just because the temps change doesn't mean the road construction goes away. We will have lots of things going on around Amarillo and we want to make sure you are advised of the lane closures before you head out on your morning commute. Mondays are tough as is and you don't want to have to add being late to it, so here's this week's lane closures from the Texas Department of Transportation.
- East Business I-40 off ramp to Coulter Street will be closed into mid-November for a ramp-reversal project. Motorists wishing to exit EB IH-40 to Coulter Street will need to take the Loop 335 (Soncy) exit and continue on the EB frontage road to Coulter. Motorists on the EB I-40 frontage road will still be able to access EB I-40 between Loop 335 (Soncy) and Coulter Street.
- I-40, expect left and center lane closures in various locations from Loop 335 (Soncy) to Loop 335 (Lakeside) for patching.
- NE Loop 335, expect lane closures westbound near Eastern Street for patching.
- FM 2381, expect lane closures in both directions in various locations for patching.
BI-40 (Amarillo Boulevard), expect lane closures from Fannin Street to Polk Street for an on-going ADA ramp project.
- I-40 at Loop 335 (Lakeside), the EB and WB exit ramps from I-40 to Loop 335 will be closed during the daytime hours for an intersection-improvement project. Alternate exits will be posted.
The Texas Department of Transportation reminds you to slow down in work zones.
So as you head off to work tomorrow morning, make sure you avoid these areas so that you aren't late to work or getting your kids to school.
For more information on lane closures visit: www.txdot.gov