Amarillo Lane Closures Week of October 19th
Fall is in full swing and the leaves are starting to change and fall off the trees. However, just because the seasons change and the weather change, doesn't mean road construction changes. Here are the lane closures in the Amarillo area this week. Please make note so that you don't get caught in traffic on your morning commute.
- The east bound I-40 off ramp to Coulter Street will be closed into mid-November for a ramp-reversal project. Motorists wishing to exit EB I-40 to Coulter Street will need to take the Loop 335 (Soncy) exit and continue on the EB frontage road to Coulter. Motorists on the EB IH-40 frontage road will still be able to access EB IH-40 between Loop 335 (Soncy) and Coulter Street.
- I-40, expect continued left and center lane closures in various locations from Loop 335 (Soncy) to Loop 335 (Lakeside) for patching.
- I-27, expect lane closures in both directions at various locations for cable barrier repair.
- North Loop 335 (St, Francis), expect lane closures westbound in the right lane at the Eastern Street overpass for patching.
- West Loop 335 (Soncy), expect lane closures in the southbound lane from 9th Street to Amarillo Boulevard for patching.
- I-40 at Loop 335 (Lakeside), the east bound and west bound exit ramps from I-40 to Loop 335 will be closed during the daytime hours for an intersection-improvement project. Alternate exits will be posted.
The Texas Department of Transportation reminds you to slow down in work zones.
For more information on lane closures visit: www.txdot.gov