Amarillo Lane Closures Week of January 18th
As the new year moves on so do we and so does road construction. Here are a few of the areas you will want to avoid this week on your commute.
- I-40, expect lane closures eastbound at the Whitaker overpass for bridge deck repair.
- I-40, expect lane closures in both directions at various locations between the US 287 split and the I-27 Interchange for crack-sealing.
- North Loop 335 (St. Francis), expect lane closures in both directions at the Eastern Street overpass for patching.
- Western Street at Loop 335 (Hollywood), the roadways is closed on the south side of the intersection for the next several weeks as part of the freeway reconstruction project.
- Traffic from Loop 335 wishing to go south on Western Street will need to use Bell Street south to Sundown Lane. Traffic on Western Street heading north toward Loop 335 will still be able to access all points south of the closure.
There will be no scheduled maintenance work on state roadways in the Texas panhandle on Tuesday, Jan. 119, due to the Confederate Heroes state holiday. However, emergency work and snow/ice removal efforts will be performed, if necessary.
The Texas Department of Transportation reminds you to slow down in work zones.
For more information on lane closures visit: www.txdot.gov