Watch Out Wednesday for Lots of Traffic Delays
As the ongoing construction continues so do your traffic woes. This week it seems a lot of work will be happening on Wednesday in various locations. Here's this week's construction update and lane closures.
- I-27/I-40 interchange in downtown Amarillo, watch for various lane closures on both Pierce and Taylor streets as crews repair concrete.
- Watch for striping crews on Amarillo Boulevard from Grand Street to State Loop (SL) 335.
- Wednesday, July 25, crews will work on pavement repairs then overlay work on the entrance and exit ramps of US 60 in front of Tyson Foods. This work is expected to take most of the day so motorists should use extra time and caution or take alternate routes, if possible.
- Monday through Friday, July 23 – 27, expect various lane closures on FM 2381 at I-40 in Bushland and along the I-40 frontage roads for paving operations.
- Wednesday, July 25, traffic signals at the intersection of Soncy Road and 34th Avenue will be switched to the upgraded system. While this takes place, this intersection will operate as a 4-way stop. Expect various lane closures in all directions, as well. Work is expected to be completed by 1 p.m. that day.
- Depending on work flow, there may also be some right lane closures at the intersection of Soncy Road and Hillside Road for the upgrade of traffic signals.
- Wednesday, July 25, various lanes will be closed on Bell Street as it passes under SL 335. This will allow crews to place concrete for the new bridge. These closures will take place from midnight until 5 p.m.
- Thursday, July 26, 26th Avenue under I-27 will be closed for placement of concrete for the bridge. This closure will be in effect from 3 a.m. until Noon. Follow posted signage for detours.
- For the US 60 overlay project, expect various lane closures:
-Tuesday, July 24, various closures in the eastbound lanes from FM 1912 to the Carson County line.
-Wednesday, July 25, various closures in the eastbound lanes from FM 1912 to the Carson County line and the on and off ramps at FM 1912. Ramps will be closed one at a time and flaggers will reroute traffic during these closures.
-Thursday through Saturday, July 26 – 28, various lanes will be closed in both directions as the intersections and crossovers are paved.
All projects are subject to change because of weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.