Various Lane Closures This Week – Ross to Close Wednesday
Lots of different lane closures are happening this week. Just be prepared to slow down and allow for extra time if you travel these areas.
- Loop 335 on Soncy, expect right lane closures from 34th Avenue to 45th Avenue in both directions as workers place new signal poles.
- Right lane of the eastbound I-40 frontage road is closed 3/4 mile east of Eastern Street to the Whitaker Road exit ramp.
- Right lane of the eastbound I-40 frontage road is closed 3/4 mile east of Whitaker Road to the Lakeside Drive exit ramp.
- One lane of eastbound I-40 is closed 1/4 mile east of Airport Boulevard to east of Pullman Road.
- Bridge deck pour work at I-40 and Ross is scheduled for Wednesday, May 9 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Traffic will not be allowed to pass north or south under the bridge. The eastbound and westbound frontage roads will not be affected.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane on SL 335 (Soncy Road) southbound from BI-40 (Amarillo Blvd) to the south side of I-40 to construct a third lane. This is a high traffic volume area so motorists should anticipate delays and consider finding alternate routes as this work is expected to last for at least one more week.
- Various lanes will be closed along the I-40 frontage roads in both directions between Crockett Street and Whitaker Road for strip seal operations. Motorists should expect temporary ramp closures along these same areas while crews seal through both on- and off-ramps.
Stay updated and stay alert. Most of Amarillo is under construction so it's always best to allow more time to get to your destination.