The National Day of the Cowboy is Saturday, July 25th
When you grow up in Texas one of the things that is certain, at some point in your life you will come across a cowboy. It was the cowboy that helped build this great state, heck it was the cowboy that helped build this country. So when it comes to cowboys there has to be a day to honor them, and that day is coming up on Saturday, July 25th.
The day will be celebrated around the country, but Amarillo will be honoring our cowboys as well. Hey we're Amarillo, hey we're the Texas Panhandle, we have our share of those hardworking cowboys.
Coming up on Saturday, July 25th from 9-2pm The American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame and Museum is teaming up with other local groups to celebrate the National Day of the Cowboy. The event is open to the public so bring the entire family for a day of learning all about American Cowboys and their American Quarter Horses.
Plus these other great events :
- Junior Ranch Rodeo by Pokey the Clown 10 a.m. to noon. Sign up starts at 9 a.m.
- Test ride an American Quarter Horse between 11 am and 2 pm. Sign-up starts at 10 a.m.
- Listen to an AQHA Professional Horseman about working with a horse, plus the partnership the duo shares.
- Listen to children’s stories about cowboys thanks to the Amarillo Public Library at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., Make a “noodle pony” starting at 10 a.m.
- Learn about cattle brands and design and create your own thanks to staff from the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum from 12-2 p.m.
- Hop along Pokey’s barrel train ride from 1-2 p.m.
- Take a tour of the Hall of Fame & Museum anytime during the day.
- Make your mark on a Center City American Quarter Horse statue all day.
- Fun photo cut-outs during the day, such as a rancher and wife or a “wanted” poster. They’ll make great selfies for sharing with friends.
Plus enjoy a free lunch of hot dogs, chips and water courtesy of the AQHA while supplies last.
There is no admission charge so come out and celebrate the Cowboy on Saturday, July 25th