Take That Snow Globe Out Of The Window! Sun, Snow Globes Combine To Burn Milwaukee Home
Snow globes. Miniature worlds conjuring warm memories of the holidays. Leave them in the window and they may warm your house. Leave them too long and they could burn it down.
The owner of a home and several snow globes placed some on a window sill for Christmas. He never took them down.
As the seasons change, the sun moves and its rays change position. Unfortunately for this Milwaukee man the sun shift was such that it magnified the sun's rays, much like a magnifying glass. This led to his couch going up in flames. Alert neighbors notified police and the house was saved.
This provides a helpful warning to all of us. Be wary of the changing angle of the sun and adjust those lenses as needed. Better yet, put all that Christmas stuff back in the closet!