Monday Morning Fire Damages Amarillo Home
Monday morning at 8:55am the Amarillo Fire Department was called to a structure fire on the 100 block of North Virginia.
Responders were on the scene within five minutes. The observed heavy smoke coming from the front of the single story residence. The two occupants of the home had escaped unharmed and were found by fire crews.
Within another five minutes the fire was extinguished. The kitchen was completely destroyed by the fire, and the rest of the home sustained heavy smoke and heat damage.
One of the occupants told the Fire Department they had left a warming pan of grease unattended and it appears to have started the blaze.
Damage is estimated at $30,000. There were no injuries.