Look for More Slow Downs on I-27 This Week
Other than the ongoing construction, here's what will slow you down this week. If you travel I-27 please be aware of new slow downs this week.
Routine Maintenance This week:
- I-27 northbound, the right lane will be closed Moss Street to 26th Avenue for patching repairs.
- Various lanes of the I-27 frontage roads will be closed in both directions from Bell Street to 26th Avenue for patching repairs and fog seal operations.
Overlay work on US 60 from SL 335 to the Carson County line:
- Watch for crews performing overlay work in various lanes on US 60 in both directions from the Carson County line to the Amarillo city limits.
I-40 and SL 335 Soncy Road
- Various lanes will be closed on SL 335 (Soncy Road) at 45th Avenue on Tuesday, June 12 and on SL 335 at Amarillo Boulevard on Thursday, June 14 as old traffic signals are removed and new traffic signals are activated. Expect delays.
I-40 and Georgia Street
- The Georgia Street exit from I-40 westbound will be closed for approximately two months.
- Exit Crockett Street from I-40 westbound to access Georgia Street.
- Frontage road traffic will not stop until it reaches Georgia Street.
- Traffic traveling north and south on Crockett Street will have to stop before crossing or turning onto the I-40 westbound frontage road.
- The right lane of I-40 westbound will also be closed from the Crockett Street overpass to just pass the Georgia Street overpass, to maintain a safe work zone.
I-40 and Whitaker, Lakeside and Pullman Bridges
- The left lane of I-40 eastbound will be closed from east of Lakeside Drive to the I-40/US 287 split. This lane closure will be in place for approximately a year. This lane closure is expected to have minimal impact on the traveling public.
- The center lane of I-40 eastbound will also be closed, but only from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, June 11 from Lakeside Drive to the I-40/US 287 split. All ramps will remain open.
South Loop 335 Hollywood Road at Bell Street and I-27
- Bell Street at SL 335 (Hollywood Road) will be reduced one lane in both directions at various times throughout the week.
As always, slow down in construction zones. Allow plenty of time to get to your destination as the construction slows down your commute.