Intersection at 45th and Western Closes for Water Main Repairs
If you travel on Western and use the intersection at 45th and Western, you might want to find an alternate route, because the City of Amarillo continues work on the water main and traffic will be very slow in the area.
The city is in the process of replacing the water main in the area and starting today the intersection will have limited access. Travelers should be aware of the following:
- No left turn from northbound Western to westbound S.W. 45th
- No left turn from southbound Western to eastbound S.W. 45th
- No left turn from eastbound S.W. 45th to northbound Western
- No left turn from westbound S.W. 45th to southbound Western
- All right hand turning lanes will remain open
This part of the replacement project is scheduled to be finished by June 17th.