I-40 at Georgia Will Now Be Under Construction
If you thought I-40 didn't have enough construction going on, you were right! They thought I-40 could use more and so Georgia is not getting their own piece of the construction pie.
This Week's Construction:
- Beginning Monday, March 5, the turnaround from the westbound frontage road to the eastbound frontage road at Interstate 40 and Georgia Street, and the left turn lane on the westbound frontage road at Georgia Street, will be closed for approximately two weeks as work begins on ramp improvements.
- Right lanes of State Loop 335 (SL 335/Soncy Road) will be closed at the intersections of 34th and 45th avenues for installation of foundations for new signal poles.
- Expect various lane closures on Amarillo Boulevard at Taylor, Pierce, Fillmore, and Buchannan streets for installation of signal heads.
- I-40 eastbound frontage roads, expect various lane closures from Whitaker Road to Nelson Street for patching repairs.
- Left lane of SL 335 (Soncy Road) will be closed from Amarillo Boulevard to Hillside Road for delineation work on the new medians.
- Various lanes on the I-27 frontage roads will be closed 26th Avenue to Western Street for patching repairs.