Father and Son Team Win Coors Partnership at Comanche Trail
Kyle and Derick Kelting won the Coors Partnership at Comanche Trail on Sunday.
The father-son duo edged Kent Neal and Jorey Knutson by one shot over the three rounds and three different scoring formats in each round.
The win completes the sweep of the two major partnership events this summer after they won the Budweiser Partnership at Ross Rogers in early July.
The summer season wraps up this week with the Coors Tournament of Champions, which begins on Thursday.
- Brooks Koepka fought off an inspired challenge from Tiger Woods to win the PGA Championship on Sunday, giving the big-hitting American his second major title this season.
Koepka withstood stifling pressure and sweltering heat to card a four-under 66 good enough for a two-shot victory over Woods, who was chasing his first major title in a decade and came close by shooting a 64, his lowest final round in a major..
- It was a tough weekend for the Houston Astros. The Mariners beat Houston 4-3 to sweep a four-game series from the AL West-leading Astros. It's the first time in franchise history that Seattle swept a four-game series from the Astros. The third-place Mariners pulled within four games of Houston.
- The New York Yankees defeated the Texas Rangers 7-2. Texas dropped three of four in the series.
AMERICAN LEAGUE SCORES
Boston 4 BALTIMORE 1
TORONTO 2 Tampa Bay 1
DETROIT 4 Minnesota 2
Cleveland 9 CHICAGO WHITE SOX 7
Oakland 8 LA ANGELS 7
NATIONAL LEAGUE SCORES
Arizona 9 CINCINNATI 2
NY Mets 4 MIAMI 3
ATLANTA 8 Milwaukee 7
COLORADO 4 LA Dodgers 3
SAN DIEGO 9 Philadelphia 3
SAN FRANCISCO 4 Pittsburgh 3
CHICAGO CUBS 4 Washington 3
St. Louis 8 KANSAS CITY 2
- Kevin Harvick won Sunday's Consumers Energy 400 at Michigan International Speedway. Harvick led a race-best 108 of 200 laps at the two-mile oval in earning his 44th career victory. Brad Keselowski finished second, 3.2 seconds back with Kyle Busch coming in third.
Three races -- short tracks at Bristol Motor Speedway and Darlington Raceway, and then at Indianapolis Motor Speedway -- remain until the start of the playoffs at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Sept. 16.
- 5A and 6A high school football teams that held spring drills get to start preseason practice today. Tascosa, Amarillo High Palo Duro and Randall will take the field after Caprock, Canyon, River Road and Highland Park all started last week. Those teams will have the first of two scrimmages later this week.