Electronic Cigarette Explodes In Man’s Mouth
Whatever your stand on smoking, the electronic cigarette is another of the many tools for smokers looking to kick. Unlike real cigarettes however, electronic ones have been known to explode.
Monday evening firefighters in Mobile, Alabama were called to an explosion in someone's house. It was a small explosion and it wasn't in the house, it was in the mouth.
Tom Holloway was puffing away when for reason's unknown the electronic cigarette exploded sending heated shrapnel across the room, melting the spots it landed. His wife said it sounded like a loud firecracker. The explosion knocked out his teeth and part of his tongue.
The incident has been reported to a national database so any patterns with these cigarettes can be identified.