Another Bridge on I-40 to Be Demolished Prepare for Delays at I-40 and Bell
Another project will begin this week as they start preparing for the demolition of the bridge at I-40 and Bell. So expect delays from one side of I-40 to the other in Amarillo
This Week’s Projects:
- Various lanes of the I-40 frontage roads will be closed from Pullman Road to Soncy Road for patching operations.
- Left lane of I-27 will be closed in both directions from Rockwell Road to McCormick Road for cable barrier repair.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Bell)
- Expect possible closures of the eastbound turnaround bridge and the right lane of northbound Bell Street at the bridge to facilitate moving a temporary traffic barrier.
- Utility work is currently underway in this area in preparation for bridge demolition, which is scheduled to begin Friday, July 28 at 9 p.m. Please watch for utility contractors and give them the space needed to do their jobs safely.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- Underpass at I-40 and Soncy (SL 335) will close at 7 p.m. tonight and reopen Tuesday, at 7 a.m. to set deck panels for the westbound bridge. Depending on the progress of the work, the underpass could close again at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and reopen at 7 a.m. on Wednesday.
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
- Westbound traffic is shifted to the south to one lane over the Soncy bridge.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- I-40E, the on-ramp to Crockett Street is closed.
- I-40W entrance ramp between Ross and Arthur streets is closed.
- I-40W entrance ramp between Nelson and Ross streets is closed.
- I-40E exit ramp between Osage and Nelson streets is closed.
- Frontage road at Osage Street and I-40E is closed.
- Right lanes of I-40W and I-40E are closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- Left lane of the I-40W frontage road is closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Left lane of the I-40E frontage road is closed from Arthur Street to Quarter Horse Drive.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound is closed.
- Left lane of the I-27S frontage road and the right lane of I-27S at the interchange are closed.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound LP 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and LP 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and LP 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive is permanently closed.
- Circle Drive is closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.