After an explosion rocked the Brier Croft Manor apartment complex, the Texas Panhandle chapeter of the American Red Cross is sending a shelter team to assist in the aftermath.

It is reported by residents that the explosion was caused by a gas leak in the apartment, but that report has yet to be confirmed by fire officials. 7 people have been injured including one infant who was taken to a local burn center.

22 families were affected and 38 have been displaced due to the explosion. Atmos Energy has asked people to leave the area if they smell any gas.