Amarillo Is A Main Stop For International Route 66 Festival
This will be a four day festival and bring Route 66 Enthusiasts from around the Globe! Route 66 is a place where anyone can find something they enjoy! Whether you're an antique buff, love old cars, or just love a little bit of the history, there will be something at the festival to get you goin'.
The history behind the Old Route 66 is as historic and twisted as the road itself and every 'festival' that takes place there in Amarillo is always a blast, so I can only imagine how amazing this will be.
There will be an 85th Route 66 Birthday Party and Awards Banquet at Sunset Center at 3701 Plains Blvd.
Kickoff activities include:
• Miss Texas Route 66 at 6 p.m. Wednesday in Shamrock;
• Route 66 Summit from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday at the Ambassador Hotel, 3100 W. Interstate 40 in Amarillo;
• Music Under the Neon from 8:30-10 p.m. at the U-Drop Inn in Shamrock;
• Route 66 Night at the musical drama "Texas" in Palo Duro Canyon State Park. The show opens at 8:30 p.m.;
• Route 66 Evening at Music in the Gardens at Amarillo Botanical Gardens, 1400 Streit Drive. Admission is free for garden members, $10 for nonmembers. Activities continue through the weekend.
For more visit Amarillo.com