Amarillo Didn’t Make the List of Best Places to Celebrate the 4th
When it comes to the 4th of July we have some really amazing ways to celebrate the holiday however, Amarillo didn't make the WalletHub list for Best or Worst places to celebrate the 4th of July.
There could be many factors as to why this happened. It could be that the Amarillo celebration revamp is still fairly new, and it could be that it doesn't take place on the actual holiday.
Canyon's 4th of July celebration is Huge and I'm not sure why it didn't make the list either. The celebration takes place on the actual holiday.
When it comes to the 4th of July here are some amazing facts and figures:
4th of July Facts & Figures
- $6.9 Billion: Amount Americans plan to spend on 4th of July food.
- 150 Million: Number of hot dogs eaten each 4th of July.
- $1.6+ Billion: Amount we plan to spend on 4th of July beer and wine.
- $825+ Million: Amount we’re expected to spend on fireworks (68 percent of fireworks injuries occur within a month of July 4).
- $5.4 Million: Value of American flags imported annually (mostly from China).
When it comes to celebrating the 4th of July where is the best place in the country? New York, New York. Of course New York City will be the best place to celebrate our country. I can only imagine how awesome the Statue of Liberty looks lit up by fireworks.
The survey only looked at the top 100 cities for 4th of July celebrations.
Don't have the means to make it to NYC, then Dallas came in at #11. Almost the top 10.
Lubbock made the list at #75. Lubbock's 4th on Broadway looks a lot like the celebration in Canyon, but unfortunately, Amarillo or Canyon just didn't make the list.
Here's all the cities who made the list of the Best and Worst Cities to Celebrate the 4th of July.